Saturday, May 1, 2010

Time, Please Stand Still





I simply can't believe it.


My sweet baby girl has been with us for a month's time already.


Somehow, in the midst of the stress of having a colicky new baby, no sleep, a breastfeeding diet that makes me G.R.O.U.C.H.Y, a messy house, and no authority over my previously disciplined children, time kept going.  It didn't stop as I would have liked it to.


And now a month has come and gone...


And my baby girl is growing and changing much too quickly. 


Time, please stand still.


I struggle, daily, trying to find a balance between getting "things done" around the house, being attentive to my other two children, taking care of Molly's basic needs, and just taking time to stop and enjoy the tiny, baby miracle that she is. 


Time, please stand still.


I love the newborn stage of babyhood.  I love all stages of babyhood, but there is something so miraculous and special about a baby that is fresh from Heaven.  


I truly see a miracle every time I look at her...  her tiny fingers, her itty bitty toes, her bright wide eyes that desperately try to take in her new and unfamiliar surroundings.  All of these things, so perfect, so new.


Time, please stand still.


In a month's short time, Miss Molly has gained 2 pounds, her hair has lightened becoming more blonde, and she has much improved head control.  She has developed an opinion about how she likes to be held and when she likes to be held (all the time!).  She reacts to sounds, especially her mommy's voice.  


She is growing and changing much too quickly.


Time, please stand still.


Though I struggle with the emotional highs and lows that come with having a newborn, particularly one who is unhappy most of the time, I try ever so hard to live in the present and savor each moment of Molly's newness... knowing that in the blink of an eye, it will be over.


Time, please stand still.


So for now, despite my tired eyes and my depleted energy, I thank Jesus every time I feel her sweet finger wrap itself around mine, see her tiny toes curl up, feel her warm body snuggle closely to my chest, or see her body curl up into a little ball when she is lifted. 


These moments are precious...


And they last for a brief moment.


Time, please stand still.


Molly Clare
1 Month





3 comments:

The B Family said...

Precious...Oh how I wish time would stand still around here, too! I can hardly believe my Luke is nearing 9 months (in a little over two weeks). Where has the time gone?!?!
Good thing he's not even really trying to crawl yet...well, let's just say he doesn't get the opportunity to do so! :)
Your sweet girl is changing so much...and looking more and more like your first two loves!

Thank you, friend, for your sweet card and adorable photo of Miss Molly! Hope to chat soon and hear that the chiropractor is working!

Love to you~ Rebecca

Janie said...

I stumbled upon your blog through another and at first I was drawn to it because of its design...I had this same design on my blog and just recently changed it. As I continued to read your blog I became inspired by your love for God and your beautiful children.
Your children are precious and I only pray that as time goes on it will get easier. Unfortunately, time won't stand still (I've begged it too...haha) so do as you are and savor EVERY moment with your sweet babies.
Praying for better days,
Janie

Monica said...

What a cutie! The newborn time is fleeting, it certainly is a time to savor. Enjoy!

I found the bears on Amazon, here's the link.
http://www.amazon.com/COUNTING-BEAR-CUPS-50-BEARS/dp/B002IXIOIW/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1272851186&sr=1-5
(you'll have to copy and paste it, or just go to amazon and search "counting bears") They really are a neat thing.

Mmmmm, I'd watch having her head too buried in the mei tai. When I used my Bjorn before I got the mei tai, Kolbe would sometimes bury his head like that, and it's probably not the best thing. Are you frog-legging her? That boosts her up some, which I think naturally helps them tilt their heads to the side. Did you know you can do a back and hip carry too when she is bigger!! You need to post some pics, I'm so glad you like it!!

It's always nice "chatting". Have a great week!