Friday, May 14, 2010

And then it got even better...

I was already feeling encouraged and celebratory over the ever-so-little smiles that Miss Molly has been treating me to these past few days, but today, I'm celebrating again...


this time, over SLEEP... glorious SLEEP!




My sweet girl slept 7 1/2 hours STRAIGHT last night!


When she finally woke at 7 am, I fed her, re-swaddled her, and put her back down for another 3 hours!




That meant that I actually got to take a shower without hearing a screaming baby in the background.  I even shaved my legs!  And when I stepped out, this is what I saw...




Yep!  A wide-eyed baby girl that was NOT crying!


As if that weren't enough to celebrate, there was more...




I put her in her crib and she watched her mobile for nearly 20 minutes!  I made ALL the beds, unloaded the dishwasher and put on clothes that did not resemble pajamas!  And that, my friends, is a major accomplishment these days!


Oh... did I mention that all of this happened on a morning that I happened to be watching two extra little ones?   Maybe God gave me that little gift of sleep knowing that I would need it today, or maybe Miss Molly is taking a turn for the better.  


Either way, I'm celebrating today! 


And the vanilla Oreo's... well, they are a part of the celebration and are almost gone!





2 comments:

Chele said...

So thankful that Miss Molly is feeling better and allowing you some peace and quiet time! You deserve another round of vanilla oreo's for sure!!

ShannonE said...

Oh Danielle!! I am so excited for you!! I too had a very fussy little girl and I can so relate to how you are feeling right now!! Hopefully Miss Molly will continue to get better and better each day. And I agree with Chele, you definatly deserve another row of Oreos and a diet coke from Sonic!!