when your firstborn "graduated" from preschool?
I did!
And so did he.
As I drove him to preschool, for the very last time (tear), I asked Noah if he was excited or sad. As huge tears welled up in his eyes and a look, similar to the one he had when he found out Molly was going to be a girl, appeared on his face, he told me he was sad.
I already knew that. I could see it written all over his precious face.
He was sad because he "was going to miss Miss Lori".
So was I.
Noah had an incredibly wonderful preschool year this year. His teacher was exactly what you think a preschool teacher should be... warm, loving, kind, fun. He learned through playtime, story telling, art projects, and music. It was wonderful.
He loved it. And so did I.
And now, it's over.
While I'm excited to see what his kindergarten year will hold next year, I can't help but feel a bit sad. I'm going to miss picking out a special something for "show & tell" each week, opening up those special home-made preschool gifts he always makes me for Christmas and Mother's Day, seeing art work with his handprints and footprints appear out of his backpack on a regular basis, listening to his sweet and silly preschool songs, and hearing stories about all the fun things he "played" with at school.
I know that kindergarten will still allow for some of this, but it won't be the same. These days, kindergarten is serious business. There isn't as much time for the things that make preschool so much fun. There will be new things that I will delight in, but it will never be the same as the carefree days of preschool.
Noah is growing up.
And I'm happy, proud, and sad...
all at the same time!
Fortunately, I have a little girl who is beyond ready to have her turn to go to school!
*******
Looking Back...
Callahan North Preschool
Mrs. Tonya & Mrs. Bonnie
Age 3 - 4
Age 3 - 4
1st Year: 2007-2008
Basic Beginnings Preschool
Miss Michelle
Age 2.5 - 3
Age 2.5 - 3






3 comments:
Where will Noah go to Kdg? Does St. Catherine's have a school yet?
Congrats Noah!!!! You are such a big boy!
Love, love the pictures of him from year to year...he'll really appreciate that when he gets older! (As will you!:))
Love to you~ Rebecca
Just got Molly's announcement in the mail yesterday...BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! I went on the photographers website to see some more of her work & get a few ideas. Scott made the comment that he thought Molly's flower bow may be as big as her entire head...I replied "Of course!" :)
You can definitely tell he enjoys school :) And I may be wrong here, but is he wearing the same shorts in the pictures from last year and this year? I thought I had the only kid that could wear the same shorts from one year to the next ;)
I may need to pick your brain about preschools. I'm debating whether to have Melanie go next year or not. I'd prefer a Catholic preschool, but I'm not sure what my options are, if any.
Post a Comment