Monday, September 27, 2010

Hot Curls

I was a cheerleader in high school.


We practiced in the early mornings before school started.


Therefore, I got ready for school at school.


My first hour was band.
(Yes, I was actually in the band!  "They" said it was good to have 4 years of band on your resume and I believe "them".  Not that it mattered one iota when I applied to KU!)


My unfortunate habit of running late is not new.  


It has been with me for many years.


And so every singe day of high school, for 4 years, I sat through my first hour with...


HOT CURLERS in my hair!


I only wish I were kidding!  It is the God's honest truth!
(If any of my high school friends might happen to be reading this, they can attest that although this is an audacious statement, it is 100% true!)


All in the name of vanity!


Hot curlers... oh, how they remind me of my youthful days of big and  bouncing hair!


And guess who's wearing them now?


And, like the days of my youth, her hair now bounces too!  


I love those hot curls!






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wondered if you would write a post about the hot rollers! Too funny! You should have posted a picture of your hair back in the day! :)