Monday, July 27, 2009

God's Creation... Up Close!

Creation.

It's something that I believe I have taken for granted for most of my life. That is to say that I've never really stopped, on a daily basis, to take note of the amazing things I see everyday.

The things that make up God's creation.

I'm at a point in my life where I am not trying not to take the little things in life for granted.

The little things like God's creation.

I taught a class at church last year on creation. As I studied the biblical creation accounts, it became ever so clear to me that God made the created world for ME to enjoy.

For US to enjoy.

The flowers, animals, trees, mountains... everything.

He did it all for us! To reveal Himself to us!

As I challenged the people to whom I was teaching to look for God's presence through His creation, I started doing the same thing.

I now find daily opportunities to show my children the presence of God through His own creation.

Things like teeny tiny wildflower petals, snowflakes that are each unique and different, leaves that change colors, flowers that bloom, the little blue feather tucked in and hidden among the brown feathers on a mallard duck, the amazing colorful patterns on the fish in the aquarium at the doctor's office, the bright red breast of a robin, and the fluttering wings of a white butterfly...

All these things provide opportunities for me to teach my children about God and his amazing power!

We had another opportunity to see some of God's amazing creations last week...

AT THE ZOO!

We enjoyed a very rare cool summer morning at the zoo. Because of the cooler temperatures, the animals were out and putting on quite a show for us.... UP CLOSE!

Take a look...


Nothing like a healthy breakfast from Sonic :)

The new tiger exhibit was simply amazing!
Look at the size of this tiger!

The highlight of the day was getting up close and personal with the giraffes!

Did you know that no two "thumbprints" on a giraffe are the same?
Each one is different and unique... like a snowflake!

Noah got to feed the giraffes!


He even fed the baby... who was born at 5 feet tall!

One of the Grizzlies taking a nap!

Noah pointed out his flower by saying...
"Look at the beautiful flower that God made!"

The kids really enjoyed watching the enormous elephants...
from a bit of a distance!


The chimps and gorillas always amaze me the most.
This gorilla was sleeping right by us.
Check out his ear... looks so "human"!

The zoo was so much fun!

And it's even more fun when I look at the animals through the "God's creation" lens! And I love teaching my children to look at the animals through that lens too!

Looking for God in the everyday things around you....

It's a wonderful way to try to live!

And lastly....

Is is just me? Why can I never get my kids to smile at the camera at the same time?!

Here are my attempts for a "picture perfect" picture in a "picture perfect" spot!

Take 1


Take 2


Take 3


Take 4
Almost Picture Perfect!


And this is what happened when I tried "just one more time"!
How sweet is that?

1 comment:

The B Family said...

What a beautiful post, friend! On even the worse days, I can go outside and be reminded that everything around me are promises from HIM & give me a glimpse at how much He loves me to create such a beautiful canvas of His handiwork!
Love the pictures of your little sweethearts, too! Wyatt loves our zoo here & it's always a hit to feed the giraffes & goats (with the wipes and sanitizer close by, of course)!
Oh, and white butterflies! Thank you for including them, too!
Love to you~ Rebecca