Thursday, February 12, 2009

God invented "Nap Time"

It hit me today!

God must have invented "nap times" for small children so that their mothers could take the nap they need! It's really the mother's that need the naps... not the children! And God knew this... so he invented "nap times" for small children!

If only it worked that way!

As I rocked sweet Emily before her nap time today, I was secretly dreaming of the nap I planned to take once she and Bubby were fast asleep. I was so tired and I couldn't wait to take a "power nap"... the one that would take me happily through the rest of the day and night. God knew that mother's needed naps too! It's why he invented "nap times"... right!

Well, my "nap time" went something like this...
I start to doze off and I hear Noah yelling out that he has to go potty...
I start to doze off again and I hear Noah playing in the living room...
I start to doze off again and I hear Noah yelling out that he has to go potty again...
I start to doze off again and I see Noah in my room proclaiming his un-tiredness to me...

And so it went...

In the end, I didn't get my nap... and neither did Noah!

If only God would have invented "guaranteed nap times" for small children!


No comments: