Lent starts today. This year, more than ever before, I know I need to make a sacrifice that is a real, true sacrifice.
It needs to be something that will be difficult for me to give up.
It needs to be something that will bring me closer to God.
It needs to be something that I have not done before.
So, I've decided...
I am saying FAREWELL to Sonic and Sleeping In!
Good Bye Diet Coke... & Sonic!
I love my Sonic Diet Coke runs. In fact, it's probably the thing I most look forward to in the day. I know that sounds terribly sad, but I have to admit that it's true! I don't just drink Diet Coke for the caffeine, although it is helpful since I seem to be routinely exhausted. I drink Diet Coke because I love it! It's so refreshing and Sonic, undoubtedly, has the BEST Diet Cokes available! The crushed ice, the styrofoam cup, the fountain drink syrup... it's divine!
It needs to be something that will be difficult for me to give up.
It needs to be something that will bring me closer to God.
It needs to be something that I have not done before.
So, I've decided...
I am saying FAREWELL to Sonic and Sleeping In!
Good Bye Diet Coke... & Sonic!
I love my Sonic Diet Coke runs. In fact, it's probably the thing I most look forward to in the day. I know that sounds terribly sad, but I have to admit that it's true! I don't just drink Diet Coke for the caffeine, although it is helpful since I seem to be routinely exhausted. I drink Diet Coke because I love it! It's so refreshing and Sonic, undoubtedly, has the BEST Diet Cokes available! The crushed ice, the styrofoam cup, the fountain drink syrup... it's divine!
Good Bye Sleeping In!
I do realize that my definition of "sleeping in" most likely differs quite drastically from the average person's definition! My definition of "sleeping in" quite simply means that I sleep until I hear my first child wake up. And... if that first child happens to be Noah, then I quietly turn on Sprout TV and allow him to indulge in some early morning "educational TV" while I get a few more precious moments of sleep!
I love to sleep. And I am the farthest thing from a morning person! So it will not only be a sacrifice for me to give up those precious last moments of sleep in the morning, but it will give me an opportunity to spend some much-needed quiet time with God. I feel that I have been neglecting my prayer life recently. It has not been the "unmoveable" appointment in my schedule that it needs to be. So I will start today... I will wake up earlier and spend some time in prayer. It will become the "unmoveable" appointment and I'm looking forward to it...
even if I am already mourning those last precious moments of sleep... a bit!
So FAREWELL Sonic...
And FAREWELL Sleeping In!
Lent has begun.
3 comments:
Hey, great to see you have a blog! It's a fun way to kind of "journal" online, and keep friends and family up to date.
Thank you for your comments about sleep. Since I wrote that post Gemma really seems to be doing well. She still awakens once or twice and needs us, but she has recently started resettling herself on a very regular basis, and that just makes me so proud of her. It's very encouraging.
And by the way, I started praying in the early mornings around the first of the year. That seems the only time that I can be consistent with it. I love it, it has changed my life so much for the better...I've gotten to where I honestly look forward to getting up early. Best of luck to you in your Lenten endeavors.
What an inspiring post to start Lent off with! I hope to be able to maintain the same resolve you have to make this Lent a sacrifice in a new and different way than years past. Good luck on your journey!
Oh, and your blog is adaorable! I snagged your playlist idea to add to my blog, since as you know, it's rather plain. I'm no good at this computer stuff (it took me 30 min. to figure out how to post the playlist!), but one day I hope to have a blog as cute as yours. Keep it up!
I am SO glad to hear I am not the only momma who waits till her kiddo wakes up to get up! I am SO not a morning person! BTW I'm Monica's sister in case you don't know who I am. I found your blog on her blog. God bless and good luck with your lenten resolutions!
Post a Comment