Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Overheard

{Custom Colors by Molly}
While having a conversation about her favorite colors, Molly happily shared her favorites...

"My favorite color is rainbow and sparkles and pink and glitter!"

{Mom Stuff by Molly}
I purchased a pair of earrings at Icing (the big girl version of Claires, I think) with her initial on them.  They were an oval shape and given her small ear, hung slightly below her ear lobe.  She gave herself a big smile when she saw herself wearing them in the mirror and said...

"I feel like a mama when I wear these!"

Update: These "mama earrings" caused major trauma!  They hung just low enough for Abby to get her mad little hands on them and rip it completely out of Mollys' ear!  Poor Molly... we now have to let her ear holes close up (I hope they still will!) and re-pierce them again later :(

{A Good Mom by Molly}
Regarding playing "mommies and daddies" with Abby.  Abby was the mom. As she described the make believe situation to me, she stated with wide affirming eyes:

"Abby is actually a really good mom."

Me:  What does she do?

"She buys me a new ball at the store.  And she buys me this necklace that I'm wearing.  And she drives me to gymnastics and running and basketball.  And she lets me have a play date and a sleepover with my friend.  And she lets me have a pillow fight with my friends."

Based on that analysis, I think I want Abby to be MY mom :)

{We've come a LONG way by Noah}
4:24 pm on Thanksgiving afternoon... Noah is thinking about Thanksgiving dinner and casually says...

"I might need two plates tonight.  Unless they are large plates!"


We've come a LONG way in the eating department when Noah contemplates needing TWO plates!  I used to beg, bribe, and force him to eat and now this.  Like I said, we've come a long way!

{Baking Terminology Mix up by Abby}
I took the girls to make gingerbread houses.  Abby was proud of her creation and was excited to show hers off to her grandparents.  As she ran to show point out her newly decorated house, she exclaimed...

"Look!  We made Zucchini Bread houses!"


{Getting to the Point by Molly}
We took the kids to pick out a Christmas tree... an annual tradition.  We had been outside for approximately 2 minutes, when Noah began to complain about the cold and wanting to hurry up.  Soon after, Molly chimed in with a delightful voice and says...

"Can we just grab it and go!"

I think we've been through one too many drive throughs... sigh!

No comments: