Saturday, December 13, 2014

Of course we were FROZEN {Halloween 2014}

Noah has officially checked out of the themed costume game.  He would hear nothing of  the pleas of his begging sisters for him to dress as the handsome Kristoff and join them in their Frozen themed costumes.  

But finding a "costume" for a kid who doesn't like costumes ("I'm just not that kind of a kid, mom") is a bit of a challenge.  After you've exhausted the football player costume, there are not a lot of "non-costume costumes" to choose from.  I personally thought my "Future Master's Champion" was a brilliant idea.  Noah was on the fence, but ultimately wore it on both of his costume-needing outings.  Anything to get out of the Frozen fiasco!

I had to search high and low for a green jacket and ultimately found one online from England!  And the Master's patch is a replica found on Ebay.  And I found the hat online too... I had no idea how expensive Master's merchandise is!  Fortunately, this is a hat he will get a LOT of use out of this summer!  Don't let his beaming grin fool you... he actually liked his "non-costume costume" :)

This year's theme for the girls was decided back in December of last year when they first feasted their eyes on the FROZEN masterpiece.  After watching the flick nearly 1 million times and memorizing every utterance made in the film, dressing the part of the characters seemed like the ONLY right thing to do for Halloween 2014.  I actually tried to persuade them otherwise, encouraging Molly to embrace her love of unicorns and dress as such, but they (along with millions of other Frozen obsessed girls) stood firm in their Frozen decision.  

And so we were a FROZEN bunch of girls.

I love that Emily loves Anna most.  To me, Anna is the one to emulate.  Her kind heart is more beautiful that Elsa's fabulous hair!  And so Em chose the Coronation Ball gown to wear as she portrayed the younger sister in the twosome.

I attempted the fancy updo to match the gown and placed a few oversized freckles on her sweet face.

And then there was ELSA.  The Queen.  Molly has been practicing her ƒrozen magic moves for nearly a year. She's belted out the lyrics and danced the twirls to "Let it Go" more times than I can begin to count.  And so the little sister played the BIG sister in this costumed duo.
The Elsa braid and some make up (complete with glitter) were her favorite parts of the costume!


The SISTERS...

And then came little Olaf!  I was worried that Abby would be envious of the sparkly gowns that her sisters wore, but she was super happy to be the fun and cheerful Olaf.
 I love that her nose has a little marker green stain underneath my make-shift carrot nose.  It's the stage of life she's in... always writing on herself with a marker!
And last but not least, we had baby Sven!  I ordered Lucy a little crocheted reindeer hat and made the rest of the costume myself with faux fur and hot glue!

My favorite part of her costume was her little tail :)

The whole Frozen crew...
 Some of the kids' friends (whose mom is much like me and loves a good Halloween theme!) were also Frozen characters and so we snapped them all at our church Trunk or Treat event.
And one more of all of my cute kids!  I'm always biased but I always think they are the cutest kids on the candy seeking sidewalks!
And to finish out this Halloween post, I'll just share some other pictures from our Halloween 2014 fun!

{Trunk or Treat at St. Catherine's}
{Tradition:  Papa always carves our pumpkins!}


{Vance's first EVER pumpkin carve!}

{Emily's school party} 
{Noah's school party}
{It was COLD on Halloween this year...
coats & ear muffs were required!}
 






No comments: