Thursday, March 14, 2013

Overheard

{Best Compliment in "History"}
As I explain to Emily and Noah that their next door neighbor is unable to play in the snow with them...
Noah:  Why can't he play in the snow?
Me:  His mom doesn't want him to.  
Noah:  Well, there really isn't any reason not to play in the snow.
Me:  Well, some mom's don't like the mess it creates and the work that it takes to get all bundled up.
Noah:  Well, you let us play in it a lot.
Emily:  Because you are the best mom in the whole history!

{Observation by Emily}
"Oooh!  There is something in my ear.
{pause to stick finger in ear}
Oh!  It's macaroni!"

{Random Fact Insertion by Noah & Question by Molly}
Background:  Noah knows a lot of random facts and spits them out periodically.  They always make me smile.  
I was trying to find a way to explain to the kids that we are going to have to put our dog down soon.  I told them that Lucy is in a lot of pain from her arthritis and that she is probably going to die soon.  Noah, being the analytical person that he is, needed more of an explanation as to exactly how she would die.  And so he asked...
Noah:  Is it kind of like what happens when a dolphin is born without a tail?  They can't live without a tail for very long.
And before I could answer, Molly chimed in with her analysis by saying...
Molly:  Does Su-Su (her pronunciation of Lucy) have headache?

{Political Commentary by Emily}

As I was explaining to Emily that the Pope was no longer going to be our Pope and that we will soon be getting a new Pope, she innocently asked...
"Is it the good one or the bad one that keeps on winning?"
Apparently, she listens to more than I realize as her commentary refers to the recent Presidential election :)

1 comment:

Erika Marie said...

Love it!
Kids can be so adorable, especially when you look back on conversations like these.