I recently wrote this post in which I wondered about what "mom things" my kids would learn from me.
In addition to the things mentioned in the post, a new inherited trait is emerging in my Emmie Kate...
The girl loves to iron!
And yes, she gets that from me! It's one of the few domestic traits I actually do well. I
She asked for a play iron for Easter and has since ironed all of the baby clothes and PJs she can get her hands on. I love that she even hangs her finished pieces on the edge of the ironing board... just like I do!
So now I can add another little "mom thing" to the list of things my girls will get from me... an ability to iron well!
Maybe one day, they too, will be the only mom's who iron the uniform shirts of their kids. I like that thought. A little act of love that they might one day pass on to their own little families. Something they learned from standing in their mama's shoes... figuratively and literally!

2 comments:
That is too cute! I especially like the last picture of her in your shoes. Definitely a memory to tuck away for when you need a reassurance that you ARE doing a WONDERFUL job raising your kids :)
I kind of thought ironing was Febreeze and the dryer. We are actually supposed to drag out the board?! My kids know it is a special occasion or they will be expected to take pictures if I drag out the board. What a great skill they are learning from you! And Emily looks so adorable!!
Post a Comment