I have many days when I feel like my head might explode due to the behavior, or rather misbehavior, of my children.
Days when it feels all I do is clean up messes, break up fights, correct misbehaviors, negotiate deals to get toys picked up, make threats, utilize the "naughty spot", and clean up more messes.
It can be downright exhausting...
frustrating...
discouraging.
But somehow in the midst of all of it, the sweetest things still happen...
Like Emily waking me up in the morning by rubbing my back with her tiny hands...
or
Molly running to get a "boo boo pack" for her sissy who has an "owie"...
or
Noah entertaining his baby sister with 100% delight...
or
All three of them playing pretend together.
That's one of the great things about being a parent...
Even on the most frustrating days, which are frequent in number, the sweetest things still happen... if only I let go of the frustration long enough to notice them!
1 comment:
I can TOTALLY identify.
Post a Comment