I miss him when he is gone. I should tell him this more often. And I will.
I also miss the little things that he does day in and day out... the things he does to take care of his family. To take care of me. To make my life easier.
I miss the little things that he does after he comes home, exhausted, from a job that seems to get more stressful every day. He's selfless with these little acts and I'm especially aware of a few of those little things tonight.
I should tell him that I appreciate these little things more often. And I will.
The little things like...
~ Take out the trash, replace the trash bags, and prepare it for the trash pick up.
~ Feed our dog and give her her medication at night.
~ Give the kids a bath, lotion them up, and get them in their PJ's.
~ Bring me my nightly bottle of water from the basement before bed.
~ Start the dishwasher before bed.
~ Make sure the house is secured and the alarm is set.
~ Get up in the middle of the night when Molly wakes.
~ Wake Noah for school, make his lunch, and drive him to school.
Those are just a few of the little things that I take for granted each and every night.
I appreciate these little things.
And I miss
No comments:
Post a Comment