Wednesday, October 5, 2011

A Parenting Low?

I think my pregnancy fatigue may have caused me to hit a new parenting low this morning.


When Molly woke up too early, I actually told Emily that she could go into Molly's room, play on the window sill (something I have previously told her not to do!), and put a bunch of toys in Molly's bed (another thing I've asked her not to do!).  And if that wasn't bad enough, I told her I would buy her a pack of stickers if she did it!


Yes, friends, I actually bribed my child to do something I've previously told her not to do!


Why?


So I could close my eyes and sleep for a few more minutes!


It gets worse though.


When that bribe didn't last long enough, I told her if she would go back and do it for 15 more minutes that I would buy her two packs of stickers!


Bribery and Breaking the Rules... I'm pretty sure I've hit a new parenting low!


All in the name of SLEEP!



1 comment:

mary said...

eh, don't be too hard on yourself. you're teaching her how to help her sister and that as long as mom says it's okay, some rules can be bent :)