Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Happy Things

It's been a bad day.  OK, a bad week.


Who am I kidding?!


It's been a bad month.  Or many months.  In fact, the past 4 months may have been the hardest of my adult life. 


I've complained and cried so much that I am officially sick of myself!  


And so I thought I would just simply think on a few "little things" that make me happy... creature comforts that I long for... especially on days like today!
  1. The Smell of Rain... especially in the morning!
  2. Chips & Guacamole... especially when the chips are thin and really salty!
  3. A Clean House... preferably one that has been cleaned by someone other than me!
  4. Personalized Stationary and other Personalized Unnecessary Paper Products
  5. Inspirational Ballads from great Muscials (my current favorite is "Defying Gravity" from Wicked)
  6. Clean Sheets
  7. An Organized Closet
  8. Cute & Fun Bags... I am a "bag lady"; always carrying a bag of "to dos"!
  9. Watching my girls dance for me
  10. Red Velvet Cake
  11. The weeds, feathers from dead birds, and other pieces of "nature" that my children routinely pick up from the ground to give to me as "gifts"
  12. Handmade Soap
  13. A Clean Purse (no dirty tissues, roaming receipts, food remnants, or trash inside)
  14. Bubble Baths
  15. Orange Vanilla Scented Candles
  16. Vacuum Lines in the Carpet
  17. Freshly Painted Toenails
  18. Grilled and Buttered Corn on the Cob
  19. Freshly Bathed Children in PJ's
  20. Crossing things off of a written "to do" list... the "old fashioned" way
  21. Anything Monogrammed
  22. Handmade and Unique Children's Clothing
  23. Sleeping Babies
  24. Sleeping with the Windows OPEN!
  25. Cool & Crisp Fall Weather!  (Please Fall, come back soon!  It was so nice to have you for a quick week!)
What little things make you happy?

1 comment:

McGinnis Family said...

LOVE the bath/pjs one best - but they are all great!! :) Wish I lived closer to help you out my friend . . .hang in there. This, too---will pass.