Bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow...
They'll be sun!
Those are the lyrics that have been sung, and sung, and sung, and sung in my house as of late!
I took Emily to see the musical production of Annie last week. I realize she is only 2, but I was so excited to share with her one of my most favorite shows from my childhood. Despite being the tiniest little girl there, she had an absolutely wonderful time and has been singing her little lungs out ever since!
So after we saw the musical, I decided to rent the movie... the one I grew up loving so much.
It's funny. I have probably not seen that movie in close to 28 years, but once I put it in the DVD player, I instantly remembered almost every single word to every single song! And so I, too, have been singing Annie lyrics for days on end!
I loved that movie growing up!
Here's the proof...
Emily and Noah have been watching the Annie movie NONSTOP! We've rented it, returned it and re-rented it twice!
And Miss Emily... she cracks me up! She loves to try to do the dance moves as she belts out the lyrics in her indistinguishable two year old language!
She routinely says to me.... "I wanna ting tong bout Annie!"
So last week as I was trying to get her hair curled for church, she decided to throw one of her toddler tantrums. And so I told her that Annie says...
"You're never fully dressed without a smile"! And I continued to sing that song long enough to calm her down and get her hair sufficiently coiffed for church!
So this morning, I called her into my bathroom for the hair curling routine before church. She sat up on the counter, put on a HUGE grin and said...
"Look, Mommy! I miling. Annie not need tay dat tong anymore"!
{translation: I'm smiling. Annie doesn't need to sing that song anymore!}
And she sat there smiling as big as she could the entire time I curled her hair!
Who knew Annie would not only entertain us for hours on end, but teach us life lessons too! She's optimistic (the sun will come out tomorrow) and knows the importance of making a good first impression (you're never fully dressed without a smile)!
I took Emily to see the musical production of Annie last week. I realize she is only 2, but I was so excited to share with her one of my most favorite shows from my childhood. Despite being the tiniest little girl there, she had an absolutely wonderful time and has been singing her little lungs out ever since!
So after we saw the musical, I decided to rent the movie... the one I grew up loving so much.
It's funny. I have probably not seen that movie in close to 28 years, but once I put it in the DVD player, I instantly remembered almost every single word to every single song! And so I, too, have been singing Annie lyrics for days on end!
I loved that movie growing up!
Here's the proof...
I dressed up as Annie for Halloween!
I carried an Annie book bag!
(I'm so old that we carried book bags - no one carried backpacks until I got to high school!)
I had an Annie Birthday Party!
My mom even made Annie Salads out of food!
And Miss Emily... she cracks me up! She loves to try to do the dance moves as she belts out the lyrics in her indistinguishable two year old language!
She routinely says to me.... "I wanna ting tong bout Annie!"
So last week as I was trying to get her hair curled for church, she decided to throw one of her toddler tantrums. And so I told her that Annie says...
"You're never fully dressed without a smile"! And I continued to sing that song long enough to calm her down and get her hair sufficiently coiffed for church!
So this morning, I called her into my bathroom for the hair curling routine before church. She sat up on the counter, put on a HUGE grin and said...
"Look, Mommy! I miling. Annie not need tay dat tong anymore"!
{translation: I'm smiling. Annie doesn't need to sing that song anymore!}
And she sat there smiling as big as she could the entire time I curled her hair!
Who knew Annie would not only entertain us for hours on end, but teach us life lessons too! She's optimistic (the sun will come out tomorrow) and knows the importance of making a good first impression (you're never fully dressed without a smile)!





1 comment:
Oh my goodness!! I loved Annie growing up, we used to put on plays on my block and I even had an Annie wig that I wore. My brothers got sooo tired of hearing me sing and dance. Last year for Christmas, I gave them all Annie collectors plates...they loved that..HA! Such a cute post! "You're never fully dressed without a smile!"
Post a Comment