Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Scenes from our House

Well, it seems that summer is quickly approaching its end.  And life, well it doesn't seem to ever slow down to that slow, relaxing pace I always dream about!


My house seems to be in a continual state of "disaster" these days!  But that disaster is indicative of the things that have been going on in our little home lately.  


Things like...



It's HOT!


I mean sweltering, makes you feel like you can't breath, sticky, thick HOT!


My poor plants simply can't take the heat and what was once pretty and bright now looks like I feel on most of these HOT days!


Given the excessive HEAT, it's been hard to get outside to do much of anything.  That means there is more time indoors which usually translates to more, extreme fights between Noah & Emmie.  


Well, when such fights turn into episodes that are just downright unacceptable, disciplinary actions are taken.  I couldn't resist taking this picture of one such "episode".  Noah eventually fell asleep on a night when he was having "room time" WITH his supper!


Oh yes, we are in full potty training mode!  Emmie has been doing very well for quite some time, but I've never officially pushed the "training" and have allowed her to continue to wear diapers (mostly for my own convenience).  It's way past time for that to be over, so we are now officially doing it.  


I am not a fan of potty training.  At all.  And Emily, well she is only about 60/40 right now.  She is more interested in the idea of the panties and pink potty than she is with actually using them appropriately!


Oh well... at least she has a crown to wear when she is perched on her pink "throne"!


These started show up filled with all kinds of fun new pretties!  I've officially started my business back up again.  I'm excited and a bit nervous all at the same time!  But three kids are more expensive than two and so it will be nice to start making some money again... after all, Fall is coming soon and my FAVORITE kids clothes are the Fall ones!  You can check me out online here!
Speaking of Fall and clothes, this is what we've been shopping for lately....


UNIFORMS and SCHOOL SUPPLIES!


Noah officially starts KINDERGARTEN 2 weeks from today!  It does not seem possible.


He is super excited.  We've gotten his plaid uniform shirts, blue uniform pants, new shoes, new glasses, a backpack filled with all kinds of supplies, including 16 glue sticks.  16!  I can't imaging what on earth they are going to do with all that glue!


Miss Molly started rice cereal!  When the pediatrician thought it might be the "magic cure" to keep her sleeping longer at night, I made a bee line to the store to buy it!


It has not been that "magic cure", but Molly seems to enjoy it!  She's looks like a little bird eating it up!  And it makes for fun "messy mouth" baby pictures!




Speaking of Miss Molly and not sleeping at night...


She is getting TEETH!  Two of them to be exact.  She is a chewing, drooling machine.  This is the pediatrician's other theory as to why she suddenly wakes up every 1-2 hours at night again.  If so, please Lord, let those teeth pop through soon!  Everyone needs sleep around here!


I got one of these recently!  I was scared of it, but I eventually gave in to those pesky intriguing commercials, and got one this month when my phone was due for an upgrade!  It's being charged on a continual basis these days, in large part because of him...




This is more proof that I'm NOT getting any handheld video games for my kids for as long as I possibly can!  Noah is OBSESSED with the phone and its games!  He's even preferred the phone over his PaPa recently!


Oops!  Surely I'm not admitting my failure to completely sever my relationship with the Oreos!  They are a snack pack size though... don't you get out of control cravings that make you run to KwikShop at 11 pm to get Oreos too?!


Speaking of bad food, I recently read more about how terrible aspartame is.  I already knew this, but wanted to pretend is wasn't true because I LOVE Diet Coke so much!


But I can't ignore it and so I'm trying to find other delicious drinks without aspartame AND too much sugar.  It's hard.  The choices are basically water or water.  Neither of which I enjoy much of at all!  I'm settling for a weening process of the Diet Coke and introducing a tiny bit of Snapple to satisfy that annoying sweet tooth of mine!


So, I'm anxious for the cooler temperatures to come!  Maybe then my plants will return from the dead and I won't have to vacuum daily anymore!  


Truly, I've been vacuuming every day because it's SO HOT my dog REFUSES to go outside and is therefore completing her shedding process INSIDE my house!


Happy End of Summer Days!


1 comment:

Chele said...

Ugh... I so need to get rid of Diet Coke too! I know how bad it is, but can't seem to break it! And I LOVE the Crystal Light flavor packets for water, but pretty sure they have aspartame too! What are we to do? You have motivated me to give it a try! Probably have to be a week on Advil to get rid of the caffiene withdrawal headaches about to come my way! ;(
Good Luck Friend!