While I am not a complete neat freak, I do feel like I am more relaxed when my house is in some sort of order. Therefore, I have a routine of always cleaning up the dinner mess and loading the dishwasher immediately after dinner is over. I don't play or do anything else until that task is accomplished.
How precious is this little outfit?
Emmie is pointing to the "pretty" on her shirt!
How cute is that bow (which the outfit was made to match!)?
Now seriously... does it get any cuter than this?
Another adorable outfit from Melissa!
I think the model is tiring!
I had to post this one because today it was so windy... and it made me think of little Lindsay and the wind blowing through her hair!
Look at that bubble baby booty!
And as PRECIOUS as this dress is, my little model declared
"Fashion Show Over" and I didn't get a very good shot of it!
Anyway, I had so much fun playing with Sissy tonight while my kitchen sat unkept.
And you know what?
While I was playing and relishing in the time with my daughter, I didn't feel tired... at all.
I read blogs everyday that make me cry. I read stories about mothers who lose their babies and children. I read stories about babies who live in the hospital. I read stories about mothers who have to hand over their babies for very serious surgeries. I read stories everyday that make me cry.
And when I read them, I always vow to NOT allow myself to get caught up in the busyness of living life. I vow to cherish each moment with my children. I vow to be thankful for all of the frustrating moments that come with being a stay at home mom.
But I am human.
And try as I do, I still find myself feeling exhausted with the day in and day out tasks that I feel are necessary to keep my house in good working order.
And truth be told...
Sometimes I feel so exhausted that I don't feel like playing with my kids. And I feel guilty for feeling like that.
So tonight, when I turned my exhaustion into special moments with my daughter, it felt refreshing! And it made me realize what I know to be true, but so often forget.
There will always be dishes to clean and clothes to fold...
But there will only be a very brief time in which I can indulge in "Girlyness Galore" with my sweet as pie baby girl!
So tomorrow, even though I will do a lot of the same day in and day out tasks...
I now know that the dishes can wait!
4 comments:
Those outfits sure are cute on your little miss! I'm glad you were able to relax and have some girlie time with her.
And your post about your mother was beautiful. She truly is an wonderful example to us all. We are truly blessed to have the mom's we do for us to learn from.
Beautiful post, Danielle! I swear we must be long lost twins! I am so guilty of the same...even when my blessed hubby says he'll get the dishes put up after bathtime, I just can't wait and have to do it then! I'm going to let them wait tonight...
Okay, and Emmie's outfits are ADORABLE! Hang on to them...we may just get another little babydoll one day and I will come up with a name that begins with an "E" just for that cuteness!
I just got a little matching smocked longall for Luke and the matching big brother embroidered polo and pants for Wyatt and am SO excited!!! Dressing our angels is the most fun!!!
Love you~ Rebecca
Your comment just put a smile on my face. You are too sweet! Thank you so much for your prayers. I cannot even begin to tell me how much that means to us.
Aww, I sure hope she gets to feeling better soon! You are so right.. I agree no one should ever have to go through this and yes PRAISE the Lord for these amazing surgeons!
Again, thank you SOOO very much for the prayers. They do help.. a lot!!
Danielle~
I saw your post on Kelly's Korner about skincare for children. I would love to share Arbonne with you and if you would love a FREE sample, email me at creecherdk@yahoo.com! Thanks!
Darla Creech
Post a Comment