Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Why?

Why does an "accidental" 10 minute "power nap" in the carseat ruin the real nap time for the rest of the day?



And why don't I get that same energy infusion from a 1o minute power nap as my children do?


And why do I crave my children's nap times so much anyway?



Why does my raised voice, stern look, and "I mean business" look evoke a huge smile and an ornery gaze from my 16 month old?


Why do I hear high-pitched screaming in my head... even when my children are sleeping?


Why are the two things I love most - eating & sleeping - my children's very least favorite things?



Why does it seem I say the word "no" one thousand times a day?



Why does my 16 month old enjoy being naked so much?


Why do I hear my children talking "out loud" louder than anyone else does while we are in church?


Why do I let these things bother me?

For as a sweet lady reminded me today, in a very short time, I will be missing the days when I had these types of questions to ponder! And... I'll be wishing I could hear one of my children belt out loud "MaMa, MaMa, MaMa" right smack in the middle of church for everyone, but mostly for me, to hear!

3 comments:

Bre said...

Thanks for stopping by!!:)
I have the same 'whys' and could probably add some...but your last paragraph is what I try to keep fresh in my mind. It truly goes so quickly, and then we long for it.

Crystal said...

Aww, I love this. So true!

Not sure what happened to Mr. Linky... they have been having problems... only 3 people got to do it before it disappeared. I know they had problems yesterday too. Hopefully next week will be better.

I searched for the care page you told me about but couldn't find it.. do I just go to the care page website and search his name or is there a direct link? It is very possible that he does have the same as Bentley plus more, that is very common to have more defects when you have one.

Bre said...

Hi! I'm back! I was kinda rushed ealier, but wanted to answer your questions. We are in Houston, or just south of it. Nice to "meet" you, and look forward to 'chatting' more in the future! I'm now a follower of your blog, I just LOVE your song..I'm going to steal it!:)