Saturday, March 14, 2009

A Day of Firsts & a lot of Fun!

Today was a big day...

A BIG day of firsts...

Noah played in his first team sporting event...
Daddy coached his first sporting event...
Mama watched her first child play, and her husband "coach", their first sporting event!

Noah has waited for this day for a long, long time! Over the course of the past year or so, he has continually asked...

"When can I play on a team?"

He and his Daddy are die-hard sports fans and Noah has wanted nothing more than to be a part of a team sport!

So naturally, we are started with the one sport that his Daddy has never played... soccer!

We all had a lot to learn...

Noah learned how to kick with the side of his foot, "smash the bug", and what "bench time" means...

Daddy learned that shin guards go on the inside of the socks, not the outside, and that he is going to "coach" the one sport he knows nothing about...

Mama learned that she is sopposed to bring drinks for halftime, chairs to sit in, and that she takes more pictures and video than any other "fan"...

And we all learned that...

it doesn't matter if your coach knows how to play soccer... as long as he pretends to...
it doesn't matter who the smallest player is... as long as his heart and his effort is big, and...
it doesn't matter who wins the game... as long as you do your best and have fun!

And FUN is exactly how I would sum up this day of firsts!

Here are some photos to share our "fun day of firsts" with you...


And because I am the mom who takes way too many pictures, there are more here if you haven't had enough yet!

But I have to post one final picture...

It's my favorite of all... I think I would caption it...

Learning Together

3 comments:

Michelle said...

So cute! What fun Noah had! I enjoy reading your blog!

Elizabeth said...

That's too cute! I'm sure Vance and Noah will have a blast learning together while you and Emily cheer them on from the sidelines!

Anonymous said...

Danielle,
That is so fun! They grow so fast, and Noah is so cute!!! I wish we could catch everything on camera and video.
Renee Thomas