Monday, March 30, 2009

Steppin' Sissy & Her Squeakers

It's time to CELEBRATE!

Emily is officially walking... and squeaking!

Let me explain...

The Little Miss has not been the least bit interested in learning to walk. She has been much too content to ruin the "knees" in all her clothes as she speed crawls throughout the house!

We've been doing all the normal "helpful" things to encourage her to walk...

Push Toys...
Hand holding...
Lots of cheerleading!

But still... not much interest.

Finally, on March 12th, she took enough independent steps for me to feel comfortable with posting it as her official "first steps"! We cheered ourselves silly with delight and encouragement, hoping it would motivate her to continue walking.

And try as I might, I simply could NOT get a photo of her demonstrating her new found "steppin" ability... on the day it happened!

But... I did happen to get it on VIDEO! If you would like to watch this milestone, the walking part occurs at the end... be patient! And don't forget to pause the blog music on the right!

Sissy's First Steps

So....

It turns out that our over-exagerrated excitement was not enough to keep Sissy steppin! She STILL wasn't interested in the upright mode of transportation!

And back to "all fours" she went!

Enter a new walking incentive... (and an excuse to buy some really cute shoes!)...


THE SQUEAKERS!



I found these precious shoes, and not only are they simply adorable, they have built-in "squeakers" in the heels! That's right... these shoes SQUEAK with every precious baby step!

So we tried them on our Little Sis and they sure were cute! And she was intrigued with the "squeaking"... as was her big brother who professed his desire for his own pair of "Squeakers" (to which his Daddy responded with a serious "no way" look in my direction!).

So, with the "Squeakers" on her sweet feet, we continued to help Emily with her Steppin'.


And she started to get excited! She clapped for herself! And her faced beamed with pride in her newfound abillities!



And so it seems...

The Squeakers worked!

Sissy Kate is a Squeakin' Stepper!

Listen closely for the squeaks from her sweet feet!

And just for fun...


I thought I'd post a pic of her steppin' in her birthday suit...


Now THAT takes confidence!

No comments: