Friday, February 6, 2015

Overheard

{Biology Awareness by Abby}
After Abby scratched Molly's eyes to the point of visible redness, I had an impromptu conversation on "love is kind" with her.  Nonny continued the lesson and ended up learning a bit about biology in 2 year old terms...

Nonny:  Jesus gave us hands for kindness.  For helping people.  For sharing.  For loving.  But not for scratching!

Abby:  {looking at her own hands} How he put they on?

Nonny: {pause to consider how she will answer} It's a miracle!

Abby:  It magic?

Nonny:  Kind of like magic, only much better.

Abby:  Oh!  I know!  He use gue {translation: glue}?  I tink he do.  Jesus, he get da gue and he put it on right here (pointing to her wrists) and he wipe it off and den he stick da hands on like dis (pointing to her hands)!

Thanks for that explanation, Abby! 

{Vocabulary Confusion by Molly}
The girls were getting ready to perform one of their "shows" and as she pointed to the couch, Molly excitedly exclaimed...

"You sit here.  You the studience!"

A combination of students and audience.  Fairly accurate.  Super cute!

{Overworked by Molly}
I asked Molly to wipe up a spill that was made by Abby and her exasperated response, while she completed this task, cracked me up.  She said, with complete frustration...

"Why do I always haffa be da sponsible one?!"
{translation: Why do I always have to be the responsible one?"}

I feel your pain, Molly!  I often wonder the same thing about myself!



{Angelic Descriptions by Abby}
Abby is working on potty training herself.  And she's doing a fairly good job at it!  After proudly going #2 in the potty, she looked inside to see her the results of her labor and excitedly exclaimed...

"Oh!  It looks like angel!"

She was right.  It did, in fact, have a shape that resembled an angel.  The very fact that I know that and wrote that shows that I've raised one too many toddlers and have lost all sense of modesty!


{Loving God by Molly}
Out of the blue, Molly just said to me...

"Mommy, at bedtime last night, I said in my mind, I love God!"

And He said in His mind... I love you too sweet girl!

{Molly is OK!}
I was talking to Emily about Molly being in Kindergarten next year at her school.  I asked Emily if she would look out for her at lunch and recess and make sure she is ok.  Before Emily could answer, Molly cheerfully interjected and said...

"I'm always OK!"

That's a fact, Molly.  You are always  ok and happy.  I pray Kindergarten keeps you that way!

{Royal Responses by Molly}
Molly has recently, upon occasion, began to answer me by doing a curtsey and replying...

"Yes, your highness!"

And when she tried to figure out how to give a similar response to Vance, she responded...

"Yes, your highness.  I mean handsome-ness".

Words like these are what make you the Princess around these parts, Miss Molly!

No comments: