Monday, February 2, 2015

I Love Them...

I was reading my blog book from 2009; fascinated by how specifically I remember those moments as though they occurred mere months ago.  It is mind boggling that those words were written over 5 years ago...when I was a mom to only two kids!  I particularly loved reading this post about the little things I loved about my family.  So much so that I wanted to do it again!  It's harder to focus on the little things now that we number FIVE in children, but I love remembering the special little nuances that made each of these "littles" them in this time of their life.  So here is my quick list of little things I LOVE about each of my littles.  {My husband's list is 100% unchanged since 2009 except that he no longer has to pick up dog poo and he has more baths to give, more laundry to help with, and more reasons to forgive me for my increasing faults!}

I LOVE...


Noah Robert

I love that he loves golf.

I love that he makes eye contact with people when he speaks to them.

I love that he still wants me to tuck him in at night.

I love that he can make Lucy laugh like no one else can.

I love that he will occasionally join in the girls' "shows" by showcasing his breakdance moves.


I love that he eats nearly half of the hot lunches at school now.

I love that he gets 100% on all of his spelling tests and never studies for any of them.

I love that I am constantly complimented on his good behavior by teachers and his friends' parents.

I love that he still loves "Blue" and sleeps with him nightly.

I love that he is a loyal friend with a tender heart.

I love that I can make him smile when I act like a dork. 

I love that he is every bit as much a die hard KU fan as his daddy.

I love being one on one with him.

I love that he is a rule follower and a fact checker.



Emily Kate

I love her smile and that she still has her front baby teeth.

I love her nurturing heart and how well she cares for her younger sisters.

I love that she loves to shop with me.

I love her imagination and the gentle way she leads the younger girls in imaginary play.

I love that she loves to color and write letters in fancy writing.


I love the way she dances to music of any kind.

I love her intoxicating giggle.

I love her eyes and the way they sparkle when she is happy.

I love her quiet presence.

I love that she is so kind and the absolute best at sharing.

I love that she considers herself "sporty" but still loves to be "girly" too.

I love the way she is the creative force behind the little girls' fashion shows.

I love that she still lets me fix her hair...sometimes!

I love that she still sleeps with her "softie".

I love her pretty toes.

I love that she wants to read to me.


Molly Clare

I love that she loves unicorns and believes they are real.

I love her confidence and friendly personality.

I love that she dresses in costume more often than she dresses in clothes.

I love her voice and the funny way she tells stories.

I love that she asks me everyday..."what do I have today?"

I love the way she snuggles into my back when she sleeps in my bed.

I love the way she sings boldly in church.

I love how quick she is to forgive her little sister who routinely beats up on her.

I love her gorgeous, silky hair.


I love how she skips around the house.

I love that she says..."watch my twirl mama" at least once a day.

I love spending our special time together on Thursday's while she learns to read.

I love her pretty blue eyes.

I love that she has a "pose" for every quick snap of a photo.

I love that she runs to greet me with a smile after preschool.

I love that she is the first to volunteer to share the best part of her day during our dinner tradition and excitedly says "what about our days?!" the minute she is seated.

I love that she is happy almost all of the time.

I love when she answers me by saying "yes, your highness!"


Abby Grace

I love her huge brown eyes.

I love that she runs everywhere instead of walking.

I love that she loves Lucy so much.

I love that the way she copies everything her big sisters do.

I love that her ornery spirit.

I love that she secretly plays in her room before she goes to sleep, but after being tucked in.

I love that she still needs me to sing "Lead me Lord" to her at bedtime while she eats her "pouchies".

I love that she puts an "ie" on the end of most words.  

I love that she wants her hair fixed in "piggies" and "ponies" to match her bigger sisters.

I love that she consistently puts her shoes on the wrong feet.

I love that she likes to sample my perfume and my makeup... even though I don't love the mess!

I love that she proudly spells her name.

I love that she is bold at home, but timid in public.

I love that her hair curls ever so slightly at the ends.

I love her squishy feet and her monkey toes that she uses to climb on everything.


Lucy Elizabeth

I love every single solitary thing about this Wonder of a Baby.

I love that she grins every time I make eye contact with her and speak her name.

I love that she takes a pacifier and even puts it in her own mouth.

I love that she sleeps like a baby... as in all night, every night!

I love her rolls upon rolls upon rolls of baby love.

I love her incredible cheeks.

I love her wide open, oval-mouthed grin.

I love her happy babble.

I love her long toes that remind me of Emily's.

I love her big chocolate eyes that remind me of both Molly's and Abby's.

I love that she reaches for me and knows my voice from any distance.

I love that she grabs my finger and holds it when she nurses.

I love that she lays her head on my shoulder when she is tired at bedtime and nap time.

I love that she wakes up happy and rarely cries to let me know she has woken up.

I love that she loves to splash in her bath and how she continues to be surprised by the splashes.

I love that the way she grins at her daddy as though she is flirting with him.

I love that she exists...that God surprised us with this amazing wonder of a baby girl!

I LOVE THEM ALL. 

ALL SO DIFFERENT.

ALL SO SPECIAL IN THEIR OWN LITTLE WAYS.

ALL OURS.



1 comment:

McGinnis Family said...

LOVE IT. Great post - great memories someday. :)