
I told Vance the other day, while watching my middle child twirl with delight, that I don't ever want her NOT to be four.
She does four fabulously.
At four, she has outgrown the tantrums and fits that came with two and three. And she has not yet entered the eye-rolling and sassy talk that comes with five and six.
She is just four. Perfectly girly and delightful and twirly and fun... FOUR.
At four, she is self confident and doesn't know a stranger. She introduces herself to everyone by just looking at them and saying with a grin "I'm Molly."
At four, she loves tutus and jewelry. She loves to dress up, begs to wear my lipstick, and strikes a pose for nearly every picture she takes.
At four, she believes in unicorns. And dreams of owning her own "real unicorn". She plans for her "unicorn birthday party" and requests "sparkly unicorns" for her party decor.
At four, she twirls. And twirls and twirls. She often says, "watch this twirl mama!" as she spins her little body and grins with pride.
At four, she is a lover. The best snuggler in the bunch. She also pats me and rubs my back when she knows I'm not feeling well. She eagerly sits on anyone's lap and gives many, many hugs.
At four, she easily forgives. Her little sister beats up on her regularly and with every apology Abby gives, Molly quickly responds with "I forgive you" .

At four, she does lots of headstands. On every piece of furniture in the house.
At four, she gives me compliments. She is the first to notice when I have a new piece of jewelry or always notices when I try to dress up for church. Her compliments of "you look pretty mama" or "I like your dress mama" always make me smile.
At four, she prefers skipping to walking. Skipping with her hands placed squarely on her hips.
At four, she has the sweetest voice and vernacular. She mispronounces letters and words that end is "ed" and "es" and it's adorable. So adorable that I don't correct it. She uses words like "fabulous" when she describes her own works of art.
At four, she loves life.
At four, she is fabulous.
At four, she is perfect.
I adore her at four.
I don't want her ever to NOT be four.
My delightful four year old Molly.



No comments:
Post a Comment