It seems like everything is happier in our house when we have music playing. The kids pick up their toys to music, we hold hands and dance together when music is playing... everyone is just plain happier when we hear music.
So, tonight, I turned on some music after dinner. Emily immediately started singing and dancing as she usually does. I joined her and made a casual "air microphone" move. That prompted Emily to break out the old Backyardigans music player, the one with a tiny microphone, and in an instant... a little star was born!
She picked up that itty bitty microphone with the jukebox dangling from it and danced and sung herself silly... for nearly an hour!
I have absolutely no idea where she got these pop princess-ish dance moves (I promise the only TV band she watches is the Fresh Beat Band and we never watch music videos and only listen to a few select pop songs on my iphone), but watching her dance around my kitchen singing to Taylor Swift was pretty much priceless.
A little thing, indeed. A priceless little thing that had me grinning from ear to ear tonight.
Sing on, my little star!
Enjoy her show!









No comments:
Post a Comment