Thursday, March 15, 2012

The Littles

Of all the kids, I was most worried about Molly's transition with the new baby.  She was, after all, my "baby" up until Abby was born.  


She is so physically little that she is unable to do a lot of things that most almost-2-year-olds can do.... go up and down stairs without help, get into the car without help, get up/down from a chair without help, etc.  And so as a result, being carried was (and still is) her favorite mode of transportation.  She talks; but most of her speech is barely recognizable to anyone other than us or her big Sissy.  And she weighs a mere 19 pounds!  So even though she is almost 2, she still feels and seems so much like a baby.  Hence, my worries about how she would react and respond to having her "place" taken by a newer, smaller version.


But for the most part, my worries were unfounded as she has done remarkably well assuming her role as a "big sister".  She is interested in baby "Aaaa" (as she calls her) and overall, she is very sweet with her.  And it's amazing how BIG Molly seems now that we have another "little" in our house!


I have really loved seeing the "sister friend" relationship bloom between Emily and Molly.  They have become little buddies who play babies and kitchen and perform dance recitals together.  It is a really sweet thing to watch.  


And now, as I watch Molly inquisitively look at her little sister, I look forward to seeing what kind of sisterly bond will develop between the "littles"!

3 comments:

McGinnis Family said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE! My sister and I are super close and I would LOVE to give my Molly a little sister someday! What a sweet post! Hope you are feeling better and getting some rest - lots of love in your house!

Debi said...

It IS amazing how having a baby changes your perspective of your current "baby". What a very precious post....hope you are healing well!!

Jenn_LDR said...

I got tears in my eyes reading this! How beautiful. You are so blessed. Enjoy those girls. I hope Noah doesn't know yet how much protection he will need to provide for these precious little ladies in the future!