Friday, March 30, 2012

Let's Bowl!

I did it again...


I moved out of my comfort zone and held a birthday party somewhere other than my house!


This time it was for Noah's 7th birthday and at his request, we BOWLED!


The space and time constraints at the alley did't allow for a lot of decorating options, but I couldn't resist jazzing up the place just a bit!


Noah invited a group of boys from school and divided them into two teams... The King Pins and The Rolling Thunder! Each team had their little table decorated and prepped for cupcakes and ice cream with a bowling ball cake pop "appetizer"!

The boys all wore white shirts to the party so they could wear their team logo on their shirt.  They were super cute!  


I thought it would be fun to have the boys do some silly bowling too...after all, they are very SILLY seven year old boys!


So inside each guests place card was a silly bowling technique that they had to perform during certain rounds.  
They ended up loving the silly bowling so much that they kept trading cards so they could all try out all of the silliness!  "Tunnel Bowl" was the hands down favorite of the day!


For treats, we had chocolate and vanilla cupcakes, chocolate bowling ball cake pops, and ice cream.


Noah had no problem blowing out his SEVEN bowling pin candles, but opted to continue bowling instead of eating his cupcake!
Unfortunately for her pretty white shirt, the same can't be said about Molly!
At the end of the bowling, I awarded each guest a trophy with a special award.  The awards were things like "highest score", "best warm up routine", "most dangerous bowler", "most strikes", "silliest bowler", "fastest ball", etc.  The little trophies had cake pops inside them too.  
The kids thought the trophy's were pretty cool, but each wanted a thorough explanation as to WHY I chose them for their awards... it required some creativity on my part!


We opened presents (of course!) and I was so proud of how thoughtful Noah was with each gift.  He read every card out loud and remembered to thank every one as he opened their gift!



At the end of the party, Noah gave each guest a take home "Bowling Ball" filled with more sweet treats.


The party favors are always one of my favorite things about a birthday party and I was tickled to find these balls to use for the bowling party treats.  


Here's what was inside...


...LOTS of sugar, a bouncy ball, and a bowling pin writing pen.  I'm sure the parents were thrilled with the amount of SUGAR I loaded them up with at this party!  It sure was CUTE sugar though!


Speaking of SUGAR, do you think all the sugar made them act like this?


Seriously, when did my child get so old that he makes silly faces and random finger poses for pictures?  


All in all, it was another successful birthday party in the books! Noah was very happy and so I was very happy too!




*****
I had to include a few pics of Emily too!  She and her friend, Ellie, had an absolute BALL bowling on their own lane.  Emily alternated being tap dancing with the bowling shoes and cheerleading as her ball S-L-O-W-L-Y made its way down the lane!



5 comments:

Debi said...

Danielle, have you ever considered writing an e-book of all your birthday ideas?? Yours are the best I've seen! Well done!!

The B Family said...

Amazing!!! Girlfriend, you JUST had a baby!!! How in the world did you pull this off?!?!? Oh my goodness, I KNOW that Noah just loved it! Just from the look in his sweet face! What a fun party! It is perfect and I know he'll always remember it! I'm about to brave the party at the putt putt place for the first time (not at home, help!!!) and you totally inspire me! Wow! What a fantastic party! Happy 7th Birthday, sweet boy! (How is he already 7???) :)

Elizabeth said...

Once again Danielle, you amaze me! When we finally get around to having birthday parties with friends I'm probably going to need your input on how to pull it off! Beautifully done!

mamachele said...

Danielle you are the most amazing woman ever!!! You out do yourself with each party! Wish I had a little of that creativity. Your kids will have the most precious memories of all their special holidays!!
Chele

Karen K said...

I've been to many bowling birthday parties and I must say that none can hold a candle to this one! Love your blog and always look forward to your posts!
PS-Congrats on you new baby! She is just a beauty.