Sunday, February 26, 2012

HOME... with shaved legs

We are HOME!


And today, I shaved my legs!


It's amazing what a long, hot bath and freshly shaved legs can do for my spirits.  I feel like a whole new person!


I didn't get to shave my legs before I went to the hospital.  It was one of those things that didn't get crossed off my list.  And I always shave my legs before giving birth...  it just makes me feel better.  


So add "unshaved legs" to the list of all the things that didn't go as I planned for Abby's birth.


That and a third admittance to the hospital!  That's right... after Abby was released from the hospital, two days later, I landed myself right back there again!  


It has become my mantra... Not What I Planned!


Swollen legs, chest pain, a heart murmur, and an elevated marker on a blood test were reasons enough to get me admitted to the cardiac unit of the hospital.  And so Vance and I spent our sixth night in eight days at the hospital... this time it was me that was being tested and monitored for cardiac "stuff".   


So my unshaved legs and weary spirit got to take my very first ride in the back of an ambulance...


And after that, my unshaved legs got to wear these fancy motorized air massage wraps and snazzy socks for two days...
Whether or not they were successful in sending the blood from my legs to my heart is uncertain, but I do think they helped to reduce my leg swelling as I am starting to see signs of my ankles again!


All in all, this hospital stay proved to be another small bump in the road and we are now HOME again... all six of us!


And today, I have shaved legs!




Abby is doing well.  Amazingly well.  So well, I'm nervous... wondering if and how long it will last!


She is being loved on by her siblings.


She is sleeping well... even during her bath!




She is opening her eyes more often every day.


And I am fine too.  My heart issues proved to be the result of too much fluid that I had not yet released from my body.  It is starting to come off and I'm starting to feel better.


And I am starting to catch my breath and figure out how to manage my household of six.  It is an adjustment; one that I haven't completely figured out yet.  But I will get there.  


I am just grateful to be HOME.  And I'm grateful for Abby's health, for my health, and crazy though it seems around here, I am grateful for the chaos.  When I was wearing the leg massagers and had unshaved legs in the hospital, I craved the chaos of home.  


It was a bumpy and unplanned week for sure, but all is beginning to settle.


We are HOME.


And today I have shaved legs!  Things are looking up!

2 comments:

The B Family said...

She is so perfectly pink!!!! I am so so happy for y'all to finally be home as a family of 6! Getting lots of love and snuggles for sure!

And...I so know what you mean about having shaved legs! It just makes you feel so much better! :)

Debi said...

So glad you are home and well! Our family was praying for you!!