this is my Dream Come True!
Today is the day that I took Emily Kate to see the Nutcracker for the very first time!
Just me and her. We walked hand in hand into the theatre, dressed in our green Christmas dresses, and took our seats close to the stage.
I danced in this very same Nutcracker production as a child many times and despite the familiarity of it, I enjoyed it today as if it were the first time I'd ever seen it. Because I was enjoying it with her. My sweet little girl who seems to have a love for dance like her mama did at a young age.
She sat still, mesmerized, for the entire performance. Her favorite part... the Gingerbread cookies, of course! She particularly liked their "cute feet". She clapped. She ooohhed. I even heard an audible "wow" when the Sugarplum Fairy soared high above the Prince's head. Her only question was whether or not the Snowflakes were cold as they danced in the snow.
She was delightful.
It was delightful.
The entire thing was just magical. So fun. So special.
It was...
She is...
My Dream Come True!
And when we got home, she got to open a few of her special Birthday presents which delighted her (and me!) even more...
| She realizes what it is... |
![]() |
| Her first "big Nutcracker"! She had begged me to buy one at the performance and so she was thrilled to get one after my previous denials. |
| Her "Sugarplum Fairy" outfit! |





3 comments:
LOVE this post! Your description is written so well - I felt like I was at the theatre with you!!! ;) What a lucky girl she is to have a mommy like you!
Magical moment, magical memory forever. Thanks for sharing!!!! xo Julie
So precious! Off subject but I love your hair by the way, what products do you use? I have the same haircut but just limp, no body to it. Congrats on baby #4, love your blog! Sincerly Sarah H.
Post a Comment