Thursday, December 8, 2011

Farewell, Fun Fall

It's coming here.  I can feel it in the air.


The wind has picked up.  The temperatures have dropped.  And yesterday the day before I started writing this post, we even witnessed a few snowflakes.  And there was a light covering of snow this morning.


Fall is coming has come to an end, and Winter is has usheringed itself in.


I always feel like Fall is the shortest of all the seasons.  Maybe it's because it is my favorite of all the seasons that it seems to come and go so quickly.  Or maybe its because Winter is my least favorite season?  Anyway, I love all that Fall has to offer... pumpkins, mums, outdoor activities, leaves, light jackets, family fun.  


But now it has come to an end.  And as I looked back through the images from the Fall of 2011, I realized it was one of my favorites yet.


So farewell, fun Fall.  


Hello, Winter.


Fall 2011 Highlights


{Family Fall Fest}
We hosted some families from our church for a night of family fun.  We played Halloween games and grilled hamburgers and hot dogs outside.  After the wind picked up and the sun went down, we came inside to paint and decorate pumpkins!  I was proud of myself... I allowed children to have a free for all with Modge Podge!








{Family Weekend in Kansas City}
After feeling miserable for so many months (and canceling our Fall vacation to DisneyWorld), we decided a weekend getaway to KC would do us all some good.  We kicked off the weekend with a trip to the Plaza for dinner.  The kids had fun looking at all of the fountains and we ended the fun evening by taking a horse drawn carriage ride... in Cinderella's carriage, of course!




{A Day of Family Fun & Pumpkin Picking}
We spent the day at the Deanna Rose Children's Farm in Kansas City.  It was our 2nd annual trip and we loved it every bit as much as we did last year.  Except for the fact that Molly was sick.  We spent an entire day doing all kinds of fun things culminating in picking out our perfect pumpkins from the patch!













{Annual Family KU Football Game}
Although Vance and Noah attend nearly all of the KU home football games together, the girls and I usually only accompany them once a season.  I always LOVE being in Lawrence on a gorgeous Fall day and this year did not disappoint.  And I always need an excuse to dress the girls in their cute KU clothes :)




2 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow, I am tired just reading your post! And IMPRESSED that you hosted the entire church for a party! I couldn't even manage to pull off Zachary's birthday party at our house this year... I wish you could send some of that energy my way.

I am glad you had so many fun opportunities with the kids this fall. I feel guilty that our children "suffer" through pregnancies right along with Steve and me, though lately I too have been feeling a bit better so we have high hopes for the holidays.

Enjoy these last few weeks before #4 makes her debut! Many blessings this holiday season,

Michelle

Arielle said...

i LOVE y'alls family picture, the last one in this post! Too cute:)