Friday, June 3, 2011

Today

Today I had fun plans to take my children on an adventure.


Today those plans didn't happen.


Today I yelled too many times.


Today I didn't put on make up.


Today I got in an argument with my mom.


Today I ordered 11 frozen meals from a catering company.


Today I wore my robe until 4:37 pm.


Today my children treated each other horribly.


Today Emily "cleaned" the house with spray sunscreen.


Today we canceled Plan B due to poor behavior after we didn't do Plan A due to poor behavior.


Today I cried in frustration.


Today I felt the grief of a friend.


Today Molly cried continuously unless I was holding her.


Today I did 3 loads of laundry and folded none of it.


Today I had my feelings hurt by my brother.


Today I felt overwhelmed.


Today I felt like I wasn't any good at this "stay home mom" gig.


Today I let my children wear me down.


Today I felt like a failure... as a mother, wife, daughter, and friend.


Today was not the day I had planned.


Tomorrow is a new day.  I will be praying that I handle it better than I handled Today.

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Oh Danielle! I'm so sorry you had a rotten day. Prayers that tomorrow will be better, and I'm sure it will!

Denise said...

But yesterday you comforted a friend, hosted a million kiddos, and encouraged other mothers! Call me when you need a break because I will help you remember what you do right!!!

The Webb's said...

Wow that was so great to read. I have days like those too, but I've never written them out like that. I took a deep breath after reading each one and I felt the stress melting away and it wasn't my bad day, but I've been there. Hang tough. Thank you for sharing.
Heather

Erika Marie said...

We had a day like that Thursday and a little on Friday too. I think the out-of-school thing finally caught up and everyone just went crazy. Including me! I hope your days get better. Try getting out of the house or sending them outside, or yourself outside, every now and then. That seems to help around here a bit.