Sunday, October 17, 2010

A Very Good Day... in Pictures!



Guess what?


Today was a very good day.


We did nothing.  


Nothing in the sense that we had no place to go or be.  No schedule.


And thus, we stayed home and had a very, very good day.


Our Anniversary gift to us was delivered!  After 10 years of our old washer/dryer, these new ones were really something to get excited about!  And tonight, every single laundry basket in our house is EMPTY!


I have a lot of ribbon.  A lot.  It resides in a little drawer in a little cabinet right outside my back door with all of my gift wrapping supplies.  Well, that drawer with the ribbon drives.me.crazy!  It is such a mess and I have no idea what is even inside because I can't see past the top layer of mess!


So tonight, when I went to wrap a little teacher gift for Noah's teacher, I tired of looking at that mess once and for all!  So I took these...


And turned it into this!


Ahhh!  It makes me so happy, I've opened up the drawer at least 5 times tonight just to peek inside and bask in the organization!


These came in the mail from Etsy today.  Just in time for cute Pumpkin Patch pictures next weekend!  


I was able to cross something off of my "project" list that has been there for 3 weeks!  The summer to winter clothes transition is officially complete!


And my closet finally doesn't make me want to cry when I look inside.  Approximately 90% of my clothes still look terrible on me (thanks to baby weight and Oreos), but they are at least color-coded and hanging up!  It looks like I need to add some color to my wardrobe - huh?!



We (and by we I mean Vance) finally picked up the patio chairs that we purchased over 2 weeks ago!  We enjoyed a gorgeous evening outside.  Vance finished painting the deck and my dad grilled hamburgers.  Lovely!


I hung this by my back door.  I purchased it sometime over the summer and it somehow got lost inside one of Noah's bookshelves.  I cleaned those out on Friday and found this little treasure again!  It's magnetic and has cute little magnets on it.  It will be my place to hang the things I simply cannot forget to walk out the door with each and every day.  Important things like remembering to pay tuition and take school snacks and deliver gifts!


After a brief hiatus in the potty training (or should I call it a MAJOR regression!), Emily is finally interested in using the potty again.  She really just likes putting the stickers on the chart because I bribed her and told her I'd buy her a Strawberry Shortcake movie when she had 30 stickers!


And speaking of Emily, her little imagination and personality just make me smile (even if it does cost me more to replace diapers)!  I walked downstairs and saw that my little Emmie was taking very good care of all of her babies!  Especially the last two on the right!  
Emma, Caroline, Joy, Noelle, Snuggle


So there you have it.


It was a very good day, indeed!





5 comments:

Monica said...

What a great day. LOVE days like that. The diapers on the babies, so cut. How can you get upset at that. Glad I'm not the only one who goes back and looks at little projects I do a million times. I totally hear ya there. The pumpkin shirts are PRECIOUS. Have a GREAT week! And message me about getting together, we still haven't nailed that down. God bless!

Anonymous said...

I love those days! I, too, find that the days when we don't have a bajillion things on our plate are the days we all have a good day. Such a blessing! Glad you enjoyed your mellow day at home, and that you got so many projects done :)

Elizabeth said...

I think I may steal your ribbon storage idea. I currently have three dowel rods full of ribbon (for taggie blankets) and it just isn't practical. Thanks for the inspiration!

Oh, and I really like the pictures of all of Emily's babies - too cute! I was given a package of actual Cabbage Patch Kids diapers for my CPK dolls at some point in my childhood and would try to change their diapers as often as a real baby would need it. Obviously my mom put a stop to that pretty quickly :D

Erika Marie said...

fun! I love days like that.
You have a very blessed life :)
You do all the things I can only dream of good for you for putting the time and care into those little extras that make such a difference.

The B Family said...

Sweet baby girl! Love that big grin!!!

So...yet another thing we have in common that is proof positive we were separated at birth...the wardrobe, my friend. I am a black junkie! I've tried to accessorize with brighter colors and am slowly getting there but I love me some black pants & black tops...okay, maybe a little brown and dark blue, too! :)

The patio furniture is beautiful! I know y'all will enjoy that!

Love the pictures!!!