Wednesday, January 20, 2010

A Future in Advertising?

I think Noah may have a future in the Advertising business, for he seems to have an uncanny ability to regurgitate advertising slogans he sees and hears on commercials... at appropriate times!

A few examples...

After receiving a gift of a set of Titleist golf balls, he excitedly exclaimed...

"Titleist... it's the number 1 ball in golf!"

***

As we were driving around town a few days ago, he spotted a WalMart and said...

"Mom, I didn't know there was a WalMart close by.  You should really shop there.  You could save money!"

Later that evening, when a WalMart commercial came on, after the slogan "Live Better. Save Money." was announced, he proudly exclaimed...

"Look mom, I told you they said you could save money at WalMart!"

***

And finally, this afternoon, as we drove home from preschool, Noah was proclaiming (for the umpteenth time!) his desire for a "Pillow Pet".  When I did not immediately acquiesce, he reasoned with me by saying...

"Mom, they say that 'everyone needs a pillow.  Why not have a fun pillow!'  And... a pair of PJ's fits right inside!"


How can you argue with the brilliant minds of those Advertising executives?!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

LOVE the new pictures! And don't you just have to keep yourself from laughing at all those insightful comments? I enjoyed your post about Noah's questions about heaven. Kids really make you think about your faith, and I don't get a good feeling about telling them "Uh, I don't know... maybe you should ask Father..."

I'm siding with Noah... Wal-Mart can save you money!

Michelle