the days when I was productive and not taking daily naps...
I had a lot of fun looking through people's homes on Kelly's Home Tour. After posting pictures of my own office, I realized how drab and blah it looked compared to some of the more vibrant home offices I saw on the home tour.
So...
I embarked on a project to give my home office a face lift... with ideas completely inspired by other people's blogs!
And here are the results.
I have to say, I love the way it turned out... I'm simply Green with Delight!
As you can see, I painted the walls a fun, perky, bright green!
I love the way the green pops against the black furniture.
(Boy, I wish I were as handy as the Thrifty Decor Chick! She did a post on how to make these shelves on your own. I, unfortunately, actually bought the Ballard ones. But she shows you how to get the same look for a quarter of the cost! Check it out here")
Before shot of the shelves and ledge accessories
I rearranged what I was already using and added more green accessories.
Before shot of the desk and window area
Isn't that so much better?!
I moved the lamp from the ledge to the desk and added some tassels to the bottom of it.
Before shot of the window... BORING!
The Nester makes these fun garlands and has displayed them in all kinds of places in her home. I saw that she once used one to hang in front of her kitchen window and I thought it looked so cute! So I decided to give it a try!
The best part about this project is that it involved absolutely NO sewing (which I absolutely have no idea how to do!).
I chose a bunch of black/white fabrics, ribbons, trims, etc. and just started cutting and tying. It was easy and only took a few hours once I had all the fabric cut. I love the way it turned out! I added the green/black wall plaques at the top because my swag ended up being a little longer than I had planned. I actually love this "garland" concept so much, I made one as a runner for a table in the basement too!
As a matter of fact, my mom and her friend (who find it odd that I read blogs about people I don't know) have both made similar garlands for rooms in their home! Give it a try!
Before shot of the bulletin board wall
After shot of the same area
This mirror was about to go in a garage sale, but I found a perfect home for it on the tiny wall adjacent to the bulletin board wall. It works perfectly with a few green accents from Hobby Lobby!
And all of this makes me...
Now, if only it would inspire me to actually get my work done on a more timely basis!
I have always loved black and white toile, so I decided to add in more accessories in black/white toile with a few green accessories to give it a pop!
So much more fun!
I rearranged what I was already using and added more green accessories.
Isn't that so much better?!
I moved the lamp from the ledge to the desk and added some tassels to the bottom of it.
I made the valence/garland to dress up the window (more on that later).
Everything else, other than a few rearranged green accessories, is the same. But for some reason, I just think it is so much more fun!
The Nester makes these fun garlands and has displayed them in all kinds of places in her home. I saw that she once used one to hang in front of her kitchen window and I thought it looked so cute! So I decided to give it a try!
The best part about this project is that it involved absolutely NO sewing (which I absolutely have no idea how to do!).
I chose a bunch of black/white fabrics, ribbons, trims, etc. and just started cutting and tying. It was easy and only took a few hours once I had all the fabric cut. I love the way it turned out! I added the green/black wall plaques at the top because my swag ended up being a little longer than I had planned. I actually love this "garland" concept so much, I made one as a runner for a table in the basement too!
As a matter of fact, my mom and her friend (who find it odd that I read blogs about people I don't know) have both made similar garlands for rooms in their home! Give it a try!
And all of this makes me...
Green with Delight!
Now, if only it would inspire me to actually get my work done on a more timely basis!
1 comment:
I like it! As always, you seem to have this knack for coming up with a vision and turning it into a wonderful reality! Very nice :)
Post a Comment