Tuesday, August 28, 2012

A Good Day

I wonder if my husband gets sick of me saying "I can't get anything done!"  If I get sick of hearing myself say it, it seems rather likely that almost everyone else I speak to on a regular basis gets sick of hearing it too!

I say it a lot because that's how most days feel to me.

But not today!

As I was washing the dishes tonight, thinking of all the things I still needed to do tonight, I found myself feeling kind of proud of all that I had done today.

Today was a good day.

So I thought I'd document it.

I'm giving myself a pat on the back today because I did all of this...

  • Showered and put make up on BEFORE taking Emily to her first day of Pre-K this morning.  
  • Assembled a last minute teacher gift in the 30 minutes prior to having to leave to take Emily to school. 
  • Made ALL of the beds!
  • Vacuumed the upstairs and mopped part of the wood floors to remove the mud spots.
  • Wrote and posted a blog post, complete with pictures, in one quick sitting (before this one!)
  • Threw dinner together when I had nothing planned instead of going out.  That's major for me people.  I am not one of those "oh, I just threw something together and used up what I had in the fridge" kind of people.  But today, I was!
  • Read multiple books to several small girls.
  • Played puzzles with Molly and worked on teaching her colors.
  • Finished a project for my high school reunion.
  • Had a good idea!
  • Wrote Thought about writing thank you notes.
  • Unloaded the dishwasher after the dinner dishes had ran through it.  This is such a bonus for me!  I really loathe unloading the dishwasher and when it is the very first thing I have to do in the morning, it kind of makes me a little grouchier than I already am!
  • Did one load of laundry.  AND folded it!  OK, just did one load of laundry.  It's still sitting in the dryer.
  • Did something I haven't done in many, many years... exercised!  I purchased a workout DVD 4 months ago and finally did it for the first time last night.  It was brutal.  And I followed the "program" by taking measurements of myself AND took a "before picture" of myself it "form fitting clothes".  Talk about pure awfulness.  Just.plain. awful!  But it will probably motivate me to put the DVD in again tomorrow!
  • Took my vitamins.  ALL of them!
  • Didn't eat Orange Leaf... OR a cookie from Kwik Shop!
  • Didn't cry or yell or lose my patience.  Not one single time!
So today was a good day.

So good, that I think I'll go for the get up early, shower, put on make up, make the beds, exercise and take vitamins kind of day again tomorrow!

2 comments:

Monica said...

SO great! Yay you. I have always been a morning person, but ever since I got pregnant with Clem (yes, almost a year ago) I have had a horrible time getting up. I blamed it on the pregnancy, but that's not really an excuse anymore. The past week or two I have been working on DISCIPLINE and getting up earlier and it has made such a HUGE difference in my whole day.

Oh, and the dishwasher thing, totally with you there. I am a person who likes cleaning, but I absolutely loathe that task.

Elizabeth said...

Days like that are totally worth of a blog post. Hope there are many more to follow :)