Sunday, August 21, 2011

Proud

Generally speaking, I feel like I owe my children a "rain check" on their summer!  With my constant nausea and fatigue combined with the 100+ daily temperatures we've had for several months, our summer was not the idyllic one I planned.  Most afternoons consisted of me begging Noah and Emily to watch an On-Demand movie while Molly napped so that I could nap too (Vance was not happy about our cable bill!).  Bless their hearts... it was a bit of a bummer summer!


One day, when I got up from my "rest", they told me I was not allowed to go downstairs because they were working on a "surprise" for me.  It was a "very hard" surprise... one that took them nearly a week of "afternoon nap times" to complete!  But once they finished it, they were SO PROUD to reveal their hard work to me...



They had put together every single puzzle we own... all by themselves!


We do puzzles fairly often around here, but they have never, ever done one without help from an adult!  And together, they had put together all of the puzzles!


They were so PROUD of their teamwork and their accomplishment.  
And I was so PROUD of them too!





3 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow, Danielle

I am BEYOND impressed! I have to keep our puzzles locked up or they get scattered all over the house!

I am so glad to hear you are starting to feel better and Feb. 20 is a fabulous due date... Alex was born then: 2/20/2000! Hope you get a second wind and are able to enjoy a cooler fall (believe me, I don't think too many people enjoyed the summer, pregnant or not.)

Congratulations, take care, and many prayers from our home to yours,

Michelle
http://fivelittleboys.blogspot.com/

Debi said...

Very impressive, indeed!!

Erika Marie said...

that's awesome! I love it when kids surprise us with something nice like that. Hope you are feeling better?