Monday, December 20, 2010

Overheard, Volume 2

Overheard today...


"Mommy, I'm assuming the elves have machines to make the toys - right?"
     ~ Noah after writing his letter to Santa requesting a Wii


"I'm just over this."
     ~ Noah on trying to suck the juice from an apple with a straw


"I so happy Mommy"
    'Why are you happy, Em?'
         "Betause I yove my broder" 
               ~  Emily at the dinner table on her admiration of Noah


"The kitchen is still a disaster." (me to Vance)
     'No, mom.  The kitchen is not a disaster.' (Noah)
     'It's really not, mom.'
            "Yes, Noah it is.  (with frustration)
                    'But mom, I'm just trying to encourage you!'
                             ~ Noah and me on the state of the kitchen


"In the great green room, there was a telephone..."
     ~ Me, reading Goodnight Moon to Molly for the first time (sad, I know... I really don't  
        have time to just sit and read to Molly like I did with Noah)


"Look Mommy!  I have my belly button on today!  Do you have your belly button on too?"
     ~ Emily to me as I took a bath

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Those are too cute! It's great that you've got these little tidbits recorded for the future - they are too sweet!

Monica said...

I often bemoan my lack of reading to Kolbe. We have so many board books from when G was his age that are just sitting around. I read a lot to Gemma, and he sits with us sometimes, but it's just not the same.

And the bellybutton, HA, that sounds like a Gemma quote.

Molly said...

I love that you are keeping track of the sweet things your kids are saying. So priceless. I know it isn't always easy (or ever easy!), but how sweet are these ages.