We welcome our newest family member!
We are scheduled to be induced first thing in the morning and anticipate meeting our sweet little girl sometime tomorrow afternoon!
Today, I'm attempting to relax knowing that...
~ the hospital bags are packed
~ the nursery is ready (almost!)
~ the baby clothes have been washed, ironed (a one time only event), and folded
~ the carseats have been rearranged, making rooming for one more
~ the house is picked up, dusted, and vaccumed
~ the tops of the kitchen cabinets have been washed and rearranged
~ the freezer contains 8 frozen meals (yes, I actually cooked them!)
~ my parenting class is complete
~ my "to do" list is (almost) crossed off
~ my legs are shaved and my toes are painted
~ clothes for the other two kids are laid out
Everything is ready...
Everything except me.
I mean... I am beyond ready to not be pregnant anymore, and I more than excited to meet our little girl and hold her in my arms, but I can't shake the anxiety and nerves that I'm feeling.
As much as I fight against it, it's in my nature to worry and be anxious. And even though I've been through childbirth twice before, I find myself feeling even more nervous and anxious than the previous two times.
So today I'm praying hard to have the faith to put my fears to rest as I trust fully in God's complete plan for me and this baby. And I'm praying for the ability to not worry, but rather focus completely on the fact that tomorrow, I will have the priviledge and honor of doing something that is so very rare and precious...
I get to actively participate with God in performing a miracle!
I covet your prayers, too, for a safe and healthy delivery of our baby girl... the one whose heavy kicks I am cherishing for the last time today!
Thank you!
5 comments:
I am so excited for your family! I will be praying for peace and strength for you Danielle! You can do it, and the greatest news is, you are never alone! Cannot wait to see your pics of your precious baby girl!
Best Wishes and good luck!
Chele
I will certainly be praying for you, Danielle! God will be your comfort for your anxiety...trust in that. His strength so far surpasses our understanding and your can lean on Him. I can't wait to hear how it all goes and to find out her name, weight, etc. God bless you!
Danielle!!! I am so excited for you. I will be praying for you tomorrow and can't wait to hear the news. I want you to know how much I have appreciated your comments and how glad I am that we have become even better friends. Trust the Lord tomorrow and know that we'll be lifting you up. Big Hugs!!!
Amy
You will all be in our prayers tonight as you prepare to welcome the newest member of your family. I still think she was staying inside so you could finish the L&L classes - she knew once she was here you were going to need some extra tricks up your sleeves for the two older ones so you'd be able to spend more time snuggling on her ;)
We are keeping you and your family in our prayers in a special way today! You will do great... everything will go smoothly. By now you're a pro at this! Enjoy your labor and delivery. "Birth day" was always one of the the most exciting days of my life. Kiss that sweet baby for us, and congratulations to you, Dad, and big brother and sister!
Michelle
Post a Comment